Dear friends and colleagues,
the 7th ISPRS/CIPA 3D-ARCH international workshop on "3D Virtual Reconstruction and Visualization of Complex Architectures" will be held in Nafplio (Greece) on 1-3 March 2017. Nafplio is a heritage seaport town in the Peloponnesus peninsula, ca 2h south-west of Athens.
The event is the 7th in a row after the successful editions in
- 2005 in Venice (http://www.isprs.org/proceedings/XXXVI/5-W17/),
- 2007 in Zurich (http://www.isprs.org/proceedings/XXXVI/5-W47/),
- 2009 in Trento (http://www.isprs.org/proceedings/XXXVIII/5-W1/),
- 2011 in Trento (http://www.int-arch-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/XXXVIII-5-W16/),
- 2013 in Trento (http://www.int-arch-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/XL-5-W1/)
- 2015 in Avila (http://www.int-arch-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/XL-5-W4/index.html)
The 2017 edition will focus on the steps and processes for smart 3D reconstruction, modelling, accessing and understanding of virtual environments from multiple data sources.
- Multi-source data and multi-sensors approaches
- Low-cost sensors and open-source algorithms for terrestrial 3D modeling
- Automation in data registration
- Image matching and 3D reconstruction
- Point cloud analysis
- 4D modelling
- Procedural modeling and BIM
- Accuracy requirement and assessment in 3D reconstructions
- Virtual and Augmented Reality applied to the visualization and conservation of complex architectures and heritage
The event will have single-track technical sessions with oral presentations, poster sessions and demos.
The registration fee includes the participation at the scientific event, proceedings, lunches, coffee breaks, welcome party and social dinner.
EARLY (before January 22nd, 2017): Student : 170 Eur, Regular: 200 Eur
LATE (after January 22nd and before February 24th, 2017): Student: 220 Eur, Regular: 250 Eur ON-SITE: Student: 270 Eur, Regular: 300 Eur
- Daniel Girardeau-Montaut (The CloudCompare Project): "Cloudcompare: origin, developments, successful stories, future"
- Andreas Nüchter (University of Wurzburg, Germany): "Efficient 3D Point Cloud Processing with 3DTK - The 3D Toolkit"
- Abstract submission (at least 1000 words, possibly with figures): November 30th, 2016
- Notification to authors: December 20th, 2016
- Full paper (ISPRS format, max 8 pages): January 22nd, 2016
The accepted articles will be published in the ISPRS International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences http://www.isprs.org/publications/archives.aspx). Each submitted paper needs at least one paid registration fee.
EXHIBITION - DEMOS:
The opportunity will be given to commercial exhibitors to support the event under the following terms:
- logo on the web + adv material in the bag = 350 €
- logo on the web + adv material in the bag + oral ppt / demo = 600 €
- logo on the web + adv material in the bag + oral ppt / demo + stand = 1000 € The above include a free registration for one person
Please circulate this announcement to all your colleagues and sorry for any cross-posting of the announcement.
Looking forward meeting you in Nafplio!
All the best,
the organizing committee